RUN 1824 REPORT
HARES: Addon & Klingon
VENUE: Downtown St Kilda.
The conditions were perfect for hashing as the pack gathered at Mitford Street. Seven visiting hashers from Geneva H3 and one from New Moon H3 descended upon us boosting the pack size to 38. Klingon pointed out that the run took in many local sights and challenged the Engineers to pick out the retarding basin. He then explained the trail markings, much to the amazement of the Geneva crew, who had never seen a stamper before and never use chalk. They use a tennis ball dipped in flour – saves them bending over.
The run used bits and pieces of previous Klingon runs, but there were not a lot of checks so the pack spread out a bit. It did take in most of the local sights and although it was familiar territory, it was an enjoyable run, despite the pace being a bit faster than usual and the run being almost 10km.
We gathered back home under the weeping tree of knowledge in the front yard and almost emptied the eskies in the first round of drinks. The grogmaster was half a step ahead and had reinforcements, but even he could not have anticipated the size or thirst of the pack and another slab was hastily purchased. The hare then adopted the generally accepted theory that hashers are not particularly bright and explained in detail how to construct a Vietnamese roll. Nosh was the traditional pulled pork/chicken with all the ingredients for Vietnamese rolls. There was plenty of it and as usual, it was delicious.
With the large pack, Udder Idjit ‘volunteered’ to be acting Sergeant (thanks Udder) and a robust circle was held under the tree. The LH3 song was then sung with gusto, but it took the first verse before the Geneva hashers realised the GM was not doing a strip tease or being rude and turning his back on them, but displaying the words of our song on the back of his shirt.
And for those that are interested, the retarding basis is the golf course and Elsternwick Park.
WALK REPORT: By Peanuts Scored 9.5/13
The walk went through the most salubrious parts of Melbourne, bias intended. These included Blessington Botanical Gardens, Elwood canal – with three yellow bikes in it, along the foreshore and beach and past St Kilda marina. There was no drink stop, so the walkers then came home.
RUN REPORT: By Let Me Look Scored 9.75/13
The run followed a tortuous route through the Botanical Gardens, followed several streets and emerged at Elwood Canal. It then criss crossed and followed the Canal which included several fence crossings, up to the Golf Course, passing around the fairways and out to Elsternwick Park via the concrete culvert – or another fence. The pack was spreading out by the time the FRB’s reached Elsternwick Park, where they also caught up with the walkers. A few more checks or on backs might have helped. Trail then went through Elwood Park, followed the beach to a Hash Halt at Point Ormond and then past St Kilda marina to home. There was no drink stop, but the pack posed for a group photo at Point Ormond with clear views of the city and through to Mt Macedon. It was a very enjoyable run.
HARES: Addon & Klingon.
VISITORS: Half of the Geneva H3 including Trisexual, Sherlock, Jack the Whipper, Tarte Citron, Bravefart, Jack Rabbit and In Tent Sex, plus Ah Sole from New Moon H3.
RETURNEES – 2 Bottoms, Let Me Look & Lube Oil.
- Tarte Citron: At the check before the Golf Course saw a runner cross the oval and said “He’s not one of us – his shorts are too long”, but it was actually 2 Bottoms disguised in a black GG tee shirt.
- 2 Bottoms: The runner across the oval who needs to buy shorter/sexier shorts.
- Lotsafun: Did not run through the golf course and missed the opportunity to add to her golf ball collection.
- Whippet: Did not go through the culvert at the golf course as he would have had an unfair advantage, being able to just run through.
Volunteer Sergeant – Udder Idjit
- Kokup: Udder did not volunteer and was drafted under duress.
- E&B: Chaining her bike to the only tree and taking up most of the front yard.
- Geneva H3: A BBC report today (and ABC) made it official that Geneva is the most boring city in the world.
- Trisexual & Jack the Whipper: Live in Albert Park and have not previously been to a LH3 run.
- Point Post as Cyclone Tracy lookalike: Asked Udder what he thought the weather was going to be like on Saturday. If the BoM don’t know……..especially when the forecast is for 41oC +.
- Old Boar: Not the Hawaiian shirt!
Charges from the Floor:
- Udder & 2 Bottoms: Wearing GG tee shirts, believing GG was so crook last week, it must be a memorial run.
- Klingon: Yellow bike hanging in the porch and another stolen – but they are really shit bikes.
- Let Me Look: Led E&B along a dangerous channel bank with a shear drop into a drain. Did not see the nearby hole in the fence.
- 2 Bottoms: Wearing a GG 1,000 runs tee shirt.
- Trisexual: Can leave the car and just walk home.
- Quicklay: Everyone knows the red ones are always fastest, but red socks did not stop Quicklay being a long last to Point Ormond after previously leading the pack.
- Kokup: Colour blind. Quicklay’s socks were hot pink, not red.